Saturday 21 March 2020

Xiao Bai Choy (XBC Vancation): A step closer to dream

No words could describe the excitement I have with my new campervan building project.

It started with my interest of billing up a tiny home. I used to think if i can own a piece of small land and build a tiny home for retirement. Unfortunately, this is challenging in Malaysia and high in cost. So I kept this interest a side and with my busy schedule over the years, I have forgotten about it until recently I started to see people travelling with campervan which could be a cheaper option to fulfil my tiny home dreams. I have started t research and watch many videos regarding on building a motorhome, however, I'm still very sceptical on building up one for myself. My partner reminded me about my dreams, and with her encouragement I decided to proceed to kick start this project.

My first step is to buy a van. Sounds easy right? It's not easy actually, you will have to identify which type of van you are looking at, either you get a cheap old van or a huge high ceiling, powerful engine van where the cost can range from RM6,000-RM70,000 for a second hand van. So it came back to my budget, how much I am willing to pay for this entire project. I drawn out the finance plan and decided to park RM25,000 aside for the entire project. 

With this budget, I bought a 1993 made Toyota Liteace, a small  high ceiling compact van. A lot of maintenance and repair needed, which I am taking the repair steps by steps.


After getting a van, the next step is to get the measurement and start to plan the furniture that needed to be placed in the van, to solve the power and water supplies. To ensure things is in order, my partner and I have tried to camp with the van at a nearby campsite, to experience and identify the must have items for the van.

Here are some temporary furniture of the van to fulfil our camping desire before completing the whole project.
- A bed
- Air bed
- Electric water pump
- Lights
- Fan
- Curtains
- A table
- Chairs
- Portable gas stove
- Ice box

No comments:

Post a Comment